We are proud to offer modern dental technology and techniques to our patients so you can enjoy the most comfortable, efficient, and effective dentistry possible.
Feel free to read on to learn more about the technology we use in our practice.
Cone Beam (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) 3-Dimensional X-Ray
Our new Planmeca CBCT ("Cone Beam") is our most valuable diagnostic tool in our practice. It adds a new dimension, going from 2D to 3D, allowing us to diagnose so many conditions that were not possible before.
Some Advantages of CBCT:
- Oral pathologies such as cancer, cysts, and infections can be seen in detail and referred to specialists sooner to try and prevent metastasis/spreading.
- TMJ issues can diagnosed more accurately
- Significantly more dental infections are caught (sooner)
- Tooth fractures can be seen in 3D, which allows the doctor to accurately decide restorability (to save or not) of the tooth
- Third molar (""wisdom teeth") can be seen to properly plan for removing the teeth without negatively affecting the nerve or other critical anatomical structures of the jaw
- Dental implant planning-allows for accurate angulation of placement of dental implants to prevent hitting critical anatomical structures and gives the implant the best possible chance of long-term survival.
What if you could see exactly what your dentist sees? You'd probably find it simpler to make informed decisions about your oral health!
Intraoral cameras allow you to do precisely that. Using a small digital camera embedded in a wand, the dentist can move it around your mouth and transmit the images instantly to a chairside monitor. This allows you to clearly see everything the dentist describes, including damage to the teeth and signs that might indicate periodontal disease.
Modern digital dental x-rays benefit patients in a number of ways:
- Digital x-rays expose patients to considerably less radiation than conventional film x-rays
- Digital x-rays require almost no time for development, reducing time spent waiting in the dental chair
- Digital x-rays allow for incredibly precise and accurate images for timely diagnoses
- Digital x-rays are securely stored in your digital file and can be securely sent to your insurance company or specialists, when necessary
- Because no chemicals are needed for developing and no space is needed for film storage, digital x-rays are better for the environment